Monday, October 5, 2009

Mango Papaya Smoothie

On a weekend I was feeling for brunch(Breakfast+Lunch) as my husband like to have light breakfast on weekdays so thought this will be nice change for him as well as for me. I had a fresh papaya and mango pulp in my refrigerator and an idea clicked...

My husband and daughter just loved it.


Ingredients- (for 1 glass)
  • Mango pulp 1/2 cup
  • Papaya cubes 1/2 cup
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1-2 cubes of ice
  • For Garnish- a wedge of papaya, whipped cream(optional),cashew nuts(optional)

Method-
  1. Cut papaya into small cubes and add it to blender with 1/2 cup of mango pulp.
  2. Add sugar,ice cubes,vanilla extract and milk.
  3. Blend all these together to form a nice smoothie.
  4. Garnish it with papaya wedge,whipped cream and cashew nuts.


Tip- To make the smoothy extra special and richer in taste; add one scoop of vanilla ice cream to the blender and blend it with papaya-mango mixture.




No comments:

Post a Comment